In a burst of unexpected productivity, I built on the success of clearing some of my terrain backlog by… painting some more, smaller, terrain pieces!
First up was some “Sector Fronteris” terrain. I’d been itching to try our Lupercal Green and Sons of Horus Green, and this seemed like the perfect oppotunity. Both colours were applied zenithally over the black primer, then at the end I gave everything a light drybrush of Sons of Horus Green + Hellbound Flesh by Scale 75.
Metals were picked out in Gun Metal, then had some new rust effects from Ammo By Mig applied over the top as an experiment.
Ruined edges were given a light spray with black, to simulate soot.
I had some small scatter pieces left over from the Azyrite Ruins set, so I painted them in much the same process. The real only difference was I picked out some details as bronze – see the Realmgate notes below – and applied some weathering effects to the fountains – puddles, leaves, and some patinas to the bronze.
Finally, I painted a Baleful Realmgate that I’ve had sitting basecoated since I first bought-in to Age of Sigmar.
Over a Mechanicus Standard Grey primer, I sprayed Reddish Grey and Stone Grey, both by AK Interactive. The magic effect was given a spray of white ink, then given several thin layers of Neon Orange ink, letting it fade out towards the tips. Bronze areas were picked out in Gun Metal, drybrushed with Brass, then given some a turquise oil wash for weathering. Skulls were picked out with Skeleton Horde. The XPVC base was painted German Camo Black-Brown, in anticipation of some burnt/dead grass flock or static grass being applied.