Adding more from the Indomitus set to my Ultramarines – a squad of Eradicators, and a slightly converted Chaplain. I originally started these at the tail-end of March, and they’ve sat on my desk ever since, waiting for me to get some motivation to make even a little progress on them. Today I finished the main armour colours, blocked in other areas, and made a start on some gold details.
Another day, another Reiver. This time it’s an Ultramarine, and I went with a variant colour scheme, rather than the standard Chapter colour. I wanted to try out something I might do with any Phobos units I want to add to my small Ultramarines collection.
This time there were no Contrast paints involved, although the process was very similar: zenithal white over the primer, then apply a thin layer of Dark Reaper. As an experiment I used Nighthaunt Gloom Technical paint through the airbrush to get the highlight. Then I pin washed with black oil paint. The shoulder pad was painted to match my existing Ultramarines, and the basing also matches.
I’m genuinely quite surprised how quickly I managed to get through this set of miniatures. It might only be a small number, but they’re to a reasonable standard and include a character and centrepiece model. I had expected to be working on these right until the end of the month. I’m very tempted to keep going with the Ultramarines after this!
It’s a fairly simple paint scheme, but it’s grown on me as time has gone on. I say these are finished, but they do still need a final coating of matte varnish to reduce the shine from the earlier stages.
The blue armour is done, transfers have been applied, and details have been blocked in with black to create separation. Still quite a bit to do yet!
Getting a head start on this hobby project that’s due to be finished in March. The last 6 weeks have been insanely busy, so even with starting early I might be hard pressed to get finished off things don’t ease up soon!