This is labeled as a work in progress, but the model is basically done, barring a couple of touch-ups, and actually attaching it to a base.

By-and-large, the process for most details were as per this tutorial from Cult of Paint:

The gloves and many other parts of the scheme were also painted this way. I deviated with the red, trying to get a deeper colour, and the black robes were painted by going from Valejjo Model Color Black > Scale 75 Eclipse Grey > Scale 75 Graphene Grey.

The skin was painted with Scale75 Artist Dark Brown Ochre, blended through Scale 75 Artist Wood, then adding small highlights by mixing in Scale 75 Artist Buff. I tried to paint in the eyes, but my own eyes are no longer up to the task, so I ended up just shading in the sockets. I might give it one last go, when I do the final corrections, but the last thing I want is to be obscuring detail – or worse – make a mistake that means repainting the whole face.

The materials on the model representing a fabric (or similar) material were given a coat of Ammo Ultra-Matte varnish, to differentiate them from the satin finish of the armour.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *